Two kinds of rods and reels you will use to sight fish redfish: spinning and casting.
One is not better than the other. They are both tools in the toolbox with advantages and disadvantages.
- easy to use
- does great in the wind
- generally casts farther (but not if you’re proficient with casting tackle)
- does better with light baits
- more accurate
- more control over the lure (slip lure into water without splashing)
- you can stop or slow down the bait on command during a cast
- it’s smoother (no line spinning around the spool)
- faster repeated casts (no bail)